Full Stack Web Developer
Competitive salary, based on experience
We’re looking for a Full Stack Web Developer who is excited by working with beautiful design and crafting exceptional and effective digital experiences.
You will be a full stack developer creating beautiful, bespoke pixel-perfect websites and applications as well as performing exciting, ongoing development projects for our clients. In project teams comprised of talented designers and project managers, you will be collaborating to deliver excellent and award-winning work. You’ll work on a wide variety of projects across an array of sectors, working on projects ranging from simple single-page websites through to web applications and large ecommerce builds. You will play a key role in helping to nurture our development processes, whilst keeping your finger on the pulse of the rapidly changing digital industry to discover new technologies we can harness.
Necessary skills and attributes
Ideally, you’ll be an excellent communicator with great attention to detail and able to quickly build rapport with internal teams and suppliers where appropriate. Someone who is a great listener, highly organised and capable of balancing producing beautiful code with delivering projects on time and to budget. Living and breathing digital is a must.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and/or proven commercial experience
- Exceptional front-end skills (HTML5 / CSS3 / JS)
- Excellent PHP and MySQL knowledge with an ability to demonstrate with relevant codebases
- Experience developing to PHP MVC principles
- Working knowledge of recognised CMS platforms, like Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal
- GIT version control
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills on unfamiliar codebases, using intuition where applicable
Not so necessary (but nice to have)
- Knowledge and commercial evidence working with Laravel & Vue
- A working knowledge of task runners like Gulp/Grunt/Webpack
- Familiar with template engines like TWIG, Handlebars, Liquid etc
- Good awareness of UX and what's right for a human and not just a machine
- In rare circumstances, AWS and DevOps, with serverside configurations and hosting architecture (Ubuntu, Apache, Nginx etc)
- Great examples of crisis management and being level headed when needed
- Flexible when needed for critical deadlines, event launches and project releases
Life at Salad
Salad’s head office in Poole overlooks the harbour and is home to a specialist team offering bespoke creative and digital services to a range of clients and industries. We have one of the best working environments on the South Coast and we work hard to provide a second 'home' for people to learn, thrive, develop a career and create beautifully effective work. The new addition of the House of St Barnabas in Soho also provides the team with an easily accessible and impressive space in which to work and relax with your colleagues, clients and prospects.
Back at HQ, we enjoy regular meals together through our Friday lunch club and some time to unwind and toast to celebrate the week over Friday Drinks. We have weekly team meetings to share news and developments within the business. We are proud to have such a happy team and are always on the look-out for talented people who want to share their unique spark with us.
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Basis: Full-time, Monday to Friday inclusive
- Company pension scheme
- Death in Service policy of x2 salary
- Holiday allowance of 23.5 days per year plus Bank Holidays and your birthday off
- Cycle to work scheme after 1 year
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- Staff social events
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, including achievements and results, and a covering letter detailing your current salary and why you are the right fit for us to: [email protected]
No offence, but no recruitment agencies please.See more jobs