Head of Client Services
Competitive, based on experience
With a number of significant accounts having recently come into the business, a new and exciting role has been created at Salad for a highly experienced and confident Head of Client Services or Account Director ready for career progression. You’ll ideally be a marketing-led professional who has a strong background in team leadership (not just management) who understands the value of employing a strategic approach to client services.
As Salad’s first ever Head of Client Services, your primary responsibility will be to shape the client services offer, lead and support our brilliant account management team to achieve the best results for our clients whilst helping them to grow and develop as professionals. The role is based in our Poole studio, but with a newly-opened office in London’s Soho, you will have two locations from which to work and meet clients as appropriate.
You will be responsible for developing our key client accounts and relationships and devising client strategy in close working partnership with our Creative & Strategy Director. Part of your role will be proactively identity opportunities to help our existing clients’ businesses to grow and you’ll also join our passionate new business team. Working in collaboration with other Heads of Department, you’ll have the opportunity to pitch and win new client and will lead the client on-boarding process.
As you’ll work as part of a tight-knit team, you should ideally be able to demonstrate a track record of brilliant client and team management as well as a positive history of working with developers, strategists and creatives.
- Managing the client services team – both nurturing them and ensuring high standards of work at all times.
- Reporting of staff performance with a constant view to improving service levels and accountability.
- Involvement in new business development, including chemistry and pitch situations
- Recruiting great client services talent - to have an ‘always on’ policy to recruitment in order to have contingency plans in preparation for people leaving/agency growth. We should be having conversations in advance for the next hire.
- Staff turnover and retention - delivering a combination of departmental leadership, training & development, aiding employee learning, timely reviews, strong personal relationships and creating an environment people want to stay in.
- Taking an active role in the evolution of the Salad vision, promoting the company's vision and values.
- Ensure all Client Services time is correctly logged in our project management software
- Creating a culture of innovation and ideas in order to deliver exceptional work we can all be proud of.
- Contributing to the development of a culture that wants to meet the challenge of business performance targets, and a genuine interest in personal and professional development across all areas of the business.
- Consistently monitor, improve and implement process relating to the delivery of products and services.
- Ensure we have process and project documentation which reduces too much ‘existing in people’s heads’.
Your desired experience
- You will be an experienced Head of Client Services or Account Director who can illustrate you are ready to progress
- You will understand and have experience of different types of significant brand identity, campaign and print projects
- You will understand and have experiences of digital products and services, such as websites, web apps, and digital marketing
- You will have knowledge and experience of marketing theory and practice
- You will be digitally literate
Your desired skills and attributes
- A great communicator and able to present both internally and to clients and prospects
- Highly persuasive, with a talent for selling your ideas
- Enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude
- Strong ideas with an ability to spot an opportunity
- Likeable with a strong ethical code
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong writing ability
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage your own time extremely well
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Curious to understand the latest brand, advertising and digital techniques
Life at Salad
Salad’s head office in Poole overlooks the harbour and is home to a specialist team offering bespoke creative and digital services to a range of clients and industries. We have one of the best working environments on the South Coast and we work hard to provide a second 'home' for people to learn, thrive, develop a career and create beautifully effective work. The new addition of the House of St Barnabas in Soho also provides the team with an easily accessible and impressive space in which to work and relax with your colleagues, clients and prospects.
Back at HQ, we enjoy regular meals together through our Friday lunch club and some time to unwind and toast to celebrate the week over Friday Drinks. We have weekly team meetings to share news and developments within the business. We are proud to have such a happy team and are always on the look-out for talented people who want to share their unique spark with us.
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Basis: Full-time, Monday to Friday inclusive
- Company pension scheme
- Death in Service policy of x2 salary
- Holiday allowance of 23.5 days per year plus Bank Holidays and your birthday off
- Cycle to work scheme after 1 year
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- Staff social events
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, including achievements and results, and a covering letter detailing your current salary and why you are the right fit for us to: [email protected]
No offence, but no recruitment agencies please.See more jobs